Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our late Thanksgiving report...

I don't know why but I feel like I can't get ahead...or caught up for that matter. Daylight Savings really screwed me up this time. I thought it was the kids but I think it's me. So that is what I'm blaming my poor blogging on lately to make myself feel better. It's really due to pure laziness!

This year for Thanksgiving we stayed in Texas and had several friends over from Baylor Law School and a family in our ward who wasn't traveling, like us. We had such a good time!! This was my first Thanksgiving that I prepared (I like to say I prepared it but really, Brad did most and let me think I did...love him for that!!) without my parents there to supervise. It went really well. Thank goodness for Pop Walton's BBQ joint, probably the best BBQ in Waco, for smoking our turkey making for a delicious non-traditional taste!!! We had lots of good food from our guests and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

As we said goodbye to our last guest, we noticed it was uncommonly quiet and went to look for our noise makers and low and behold, this is what we found. Luckily the guests had left and we didn't have to worry about serving this FUDGE.It was so funny and even after seeing us notice her, she went on eating like we weren't even there. Notice she is using the very dangerous bottle opener as her eating utensil. Thank goodness she didn't cut her mouth although I don't think that could have stopped her.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Texas! We are so grateful for our darling little family, for our wonderful families far away and our awesome ward family here in Texas. We are also very grateful for the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I can't imagine life being half as meaningful without it. We truly are blessed as we contemplate our circumstances at this time of year!

1 comment:

Amy and David Ziehl said...

ahah! We wish that we could have been there!