Wednesday, December 10, 2008
DANG IT!!!
I have never been a swearer. In fact, the one time I swore since getting married was in front of Brad and my sister, Paige who was living with us at the time. And they just laughed because of how ridiculous it sounded...I'm not a good curser because I don't have much experience. I have never heard my parents or my husband swear so I don't really know what words to use and what words to add to them to make a phrase that gets the anger out or makes me look "cool". It would be hard to make me look much cooler anyway. So you can understand my surprise and dismay when I first heard Brylie say "Dang it!". I do know however, who she got it from but I didn't realize just how often I say it until she made me fully aware! And I must say it A LOT because she does too. So I have tried to correct her and say, "Brylie, don't say that word, it's a naughty word, Mommy is sorry she said that, please don't say that.." to which she responds, "Dang it!" I have watched her look at Brody with her concerned eyes and darling nod and say, "Dang it!" three or four times in a row or be dressing her doll and repeat over and over, "Dang it!" I have tried ignoring her or saying, "why don't you say, "Oh Man!" or "Nuts!". Nope, those aren't cool enough, I guess. It just is another thing to add to my weaknesses list and hope I live long enough to fix it hoping that in my quest to overcome that list I don't screw up my kids' lives. And all I can think of say right now is....Da---, er, Nuts!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love you Cassidy!
Ahah! I can just see her copying you! "Dang it!"
Love you!
It's amazing what they pick-up from you!!! I heard a mom swear at her toddler while in a public restroom a couple months ago, calling them a "little *#*" when they crawled out under the stall door!! I gasped, then laughed, glad I wouldn't have to worry about mine repeating something quite that dramatic, (that is, until they go to middle school and hear a friend say something much worse). Anyway, Brylie is darling!!! I can't believe her long blonde hair!!! And your tree is beautiful!
My big no-no phrase is Oh my gosh. Bad news coming out of a toddler's mouth, let me tell you. It is such a bad habit that the kids are constantly reminding me not to say it. Once I was with my family and I noticed my mom says it a lot too. I am trying to let my kids know how much I hate the habit and how hard it is to break it. So bad!
Post a Comment