Wednesday, December 3, 2008

And now onto Christmas!!!!

I wish I could share how I feel about Christmas with everyone I come in contact with! I have this sweet nostalgia that I get starting back when the crispness of the fall air arrives. And it doesn't get old for me until I remember the nostalgia that comes in the spring in preparation for summer. I love this time of year and now that I have kids, it is even more enjoyable although they probably won't remember much. I will! We put the tree up Thanksgiving evening, I say "we" because Brad brought it in from the garage and put all 3 pieces together and left the rest to me. Three hours later, he was asleep and I was enjoying that sweet nostalgia I talked about earlier. The next day, it was so fun to show the kids the new tree when even at 6 am, Brody noticed a new silhouette in the window. They have been surprisingly good at not touching! Christmas is such a fun time of year and I look forward to the excitement we have ahead of us sharing this new holiday with our kids.

6 comments:

Amy and David Ziehl said...

Cute tree! I am so excited for Christmas!!!

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

I'm impressed with how early you are ready! I'll be glad to get our tree up by Christmas eve!!

Unknown said...

This is Brad...in my defense for the early raising of the tree, I did it only because I know what a Christmas nut Cassidy is. We have been listening to Christmas tunes since before All-Hallows Eve!

Roger and Amy Ann Deming Family said...

Fun tree! I love the big ornaments. I am having trouble feeling the Christmas spirit this year, hope I find it soon. Glad you did. It sounds like you are doing really well and I am sooo happy for you. Take care and happy holiday season!

J said...

I think it unfair that companies think to make trees that require yearly assembling. I watched some of my siblings painstakingly putting my mother's tree together after Thanksgiving and was glad I wasn't helping. I know that is a selfish thought but it is true.

Cassidy said...

Luckily, this tree is in only 3 pieces so he put it all together, but I had to straighten the branches to make it look like a "real" tree and not a fake one.