And then to my horror, I see the other creeping "thing" crawling quickly over to where I just was trying to kill his friend Mr. Beetle-bug. So this time I decide to get it once and for all. I turn on the light and look and see an enormous wolf spider waiting to counter my movement. So I grab the diaper only to get scared at the very much alive beetle it sheltered and drop it. I pick it up and throw it with all force at the spider which easily dodges my bullet. Bad aim! Shoot!!! I pick it up and throw it again only to miss again and now the spider is behind the speaker at the computer. The very computer I sit at to write this post. So here I sit, feet up on my tippy toes, holding the very much awake Brody, feeling creepy crawling all over my body, seeing countless false dark spots on the carpet and I swear there is something crawling on the blinds at the window making noises. This may be a long stay in Texas! Oh and did I mention that Brad admitted to me that in his younger days living in Texas he used to catch pet tarantulas!?!
Monday, May 26, 2008
Texas has big spiders...and I have bad aim
So it may be 2 in the morning as I write this while I wait for Brody to go to sleep. And I think that at this time of the night the spiders come out to play. As I was peacefully nursing Brody in the office where we have put the rocking chair so that I can nurse Brody during the night where I won't wake the lucky ones in the family who don't have to get up several times, I saw a dark spot in the carpet a few feet away...that moved. I tried to follow it as it was quite fast and in an attempt to turn on the light to see what I was dealing with, I lost its whereabouts. Now I'm still trying to nurse Brody, mind you, but all this movement has peaked his curiousity and now he thinks it's 2 pm. When I can't find the quick moving "thing" I return to my rocking chair and resume to nurse in an attempt to make Brody tired and fall asleep when I look on the other side of the room where I was just sitting to change Brody's diaper and see another creepy crawling "thing" moving. I have no shoe to kill this evil creature but I see Brody's nicely folded diaper lying quite close to both me and the small beetle-bug so I grab the it and smash the diaper onto the bug several times while twisting. And everytime I lift the diaper off the ground to wind up, I notice there is no damage being done. Dang thing!! So I just leave the diaper on top of the thing and resume my nursing but by now Brody is wide awake and ready for a day without naps.
And then to my horror, I see the other creeping "thing" crawling quickly over to where I just was trying to kill his friend Mr. Beetle-bug. So this time I decide to get it once and for all. I turn on the light and look and see an enormous wolf spider waiting to counter my movement. So I grab the diaper only to get scared at the very much alive beetle it sheltered and drop it. I pick it up and throw it with all force at the spider which easily dodges my bullet. Bad aim! Shoot!!! I pick it up and throw it again only to miss again and now the spider is behind the speaker at the computer. The very computer I sit at to write this post. So here I sit, feet up on my tippy toes, holding the very much awake Brody, feeling creepy crawling all over my body, seeing countless false dark spots on the carpet and I swear there is something crawling on the blinds at the window making noises. This may be a long stay in Texas! Oh and did I mention that Brad admitted to me that in his younger days living in Texas he used to catch pet tarantulas!?!
And then to my horror, I see the other creeping "thing" crawling quickly over to where I just was trying to kill his friend Mr. Beetle-bug. So this time I decide to get it once and for all. I turn on the light and look and see an enormous wolf spider waiting to counter my movement. So I grab the diaper only to get scared at the very much alive beetle it sheltered and drop it. I pick it up and throw it with all force at the spider which easily dodges my bullet. Bad aim! Shoot!!! I pick it up and throw it again only to miss again and now the spider is behind the speaker at the computer. The very computer I sit at to write this post. So here I sit, feet up on my tippy toes, holding the very much awake Brody, feeling creepy crawling all over my body, seeing countless false dark spots on the carpet and I swear there is something crawling on the blinds at the window making noises. This may be a long stay in Texas! Oh and did I mention that Brad admitted to me that in his younger days living in Texas he used to catch pet tarantulas!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lol... Oh how everything is bigger in Texas... even the bugs! I remember when we had roaches and how I HATED turning on the lights in the kitchen. It was the worse! You would turn them one and bugs would go flying! I can hardly imagine dealing with that with two little kids! Your prtective mother instincts must be on overload now!
This is such a funny post, I can picture it all in my mind while you were telling the story! We have someone come spray our house twice a year and it's pretty cheap. I wonder if you can have someone come out?
Post a Comment