Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Our New Digs and Brody Smiles

So I know we have already been here over a week...I just haven't been able to get pictures on the computer and then internet didn't come when we thought it would. It has been a hassle to say the least and Brad hasn't even started school. That starts Monday but we'll get an idea (I think) of what it will be like because he has mandatory orientation today and tomorrow. Actually, I don't think I will even know how bad it will sometimes be. Maybe that's a good thing. The great thing is though is there are quite a few ward members in the same shoes as me who lend each other support. I am so grateful and have never felt so welcome in a ward the first Sunday. We met so many nice people. This will be so helpful for times when I really miss my family and friends of Utah. So I promised pictures of the house...it isn't quite finished but I figured you've waited long enough. But our internet is so slow, I may not have the patience to update as often as you'd like.

Here's the entry way...

The view from the door...
nice couch, huh?

The family room...

The dining room...

The office...

And the kitchen....

...no the cabinet isn't pink...that's just the lighting. I didn't include bedroom pictures or the laundry room or bathrooms. Maybe next post. You never know. Or maybe, we're just waiting for you to visit...anyhow, things are looking more put together and organized.

In other news, I was starting to worry (because what would I be like without a dose of worry) that Brody wasn't going to smile at me. He would smile at his Grandma Allen but I couldn't ever get him to...until now. And now that's all he seems to want to do for me (except for cry...he always wants to cry). I just love his cute smiley face and he is getting quite chubby. I fear his eating habits may have caught up with him. Here are his latest pictures. I just want to squish and kiss his face all day long!

6 comments:

Steffani said...

Brad and Cassidy,
He is so darn cute! I love the beginning baby smiles that are all gummy and innocent. He's adorable. Enjoy Texas!

Melissa said...

Nice digs! Looks like its a step up or two. And oh my how Brody has changed! What a sweetie pie!

Melanie said...

Yay! Loved the update. Your apartment looks awesome and I can't believe you are settled in already. That big smile of Brody's is so darling - I hope he starts doing more smiling and NO crying!

Matt and Paige Cahoon said...

Cute place Cass!! And holy cow, Brody totally looks like Mac!! What a handsome stud!! It looks like you guys have settle in pretty well, I wish I could be there........maybe someday!! I love you guys!!!!

Mary said...

Hooray! Broday's smile is adorable! And you deserve a lot of smiles, after helping him all the times he's crying! And your place looks great. Hopefully we can visit you one of these next times Danny is going to TX... :) We miss you so much!

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

Your new place is so cute! The only problem with your new home is that it is so far away!!

Brody is such a doll! Love that smile!!