I knew the humidity would get to me and I even prepared myself, I thought. It's just very hard to see born and raised Texans "shiny" and think, "they probably consider this normal" as I sweat profusely, my makeup running off me as I walk through the air conditioned mall with my sweaty baby. Now Brody's complexion is "shiny" to match his "shiny" personality. Speaking of his personality, he has been getting so much better as far as his colic goes. It seems to be less and less each day and he is letting me do more and more. Although he has impeccable timing! Whenever we have some kind of plans, that is the time when he will be fussy. I hate to look forward to when he's older because I know it will be here before I know it and I will long for these days but I do look forward to the days when his "shiny" personality frequents him as often as his "shiny" complexion.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
I'm hot...
...and I'm talking about temperature here. I think I must always do my hair curly here because even if I try to straighten it, it will go curly. Here is a picture.
I knew the humidity would get to me and I even prepared myself, I thought. It's just very hard to see born and raised Texans "shiny" and think, "they probably consider this normal" as I sweat profusely, my makeup running off me as I walk through the air conditioned mall with my sweaty baby. Now Brody's complexion is "shiny" to match his "shiny" personality. Speaking of his personality, he has been getting so much better as far as his colic goes. It seems to be less and less each day and he is letting me do more and more. Although he has impeccable timing! Whenever we have some kind of plans, that is the time when he will be fussy. I hate to look forward to when he's older because I know it will be here before I know it and I will long for these days but I do look forward to the days when his "shiny" personality frequents him as often as his "shiny" complexion.
I knew the humidity would get to me and I even prepared myself, I thought. It's just very hard to see born and raised Texans "shiny" and think, "they probably consider this normal" as I sweat profusely, my makeup running off me as I walk through the air conditioned mall with my sweaty baby. Now Brody's complexion is "shiny" to match his "shiny" personality. Speaking of his personality, he has been getting so much better as far as his colic goes. It seems to be less and less each day and he is letting me do more and more. Although he has impeccable timing! Whenever we have some kind of plans, that is the time when he will be fussy. I hate to look forward to when he's older because I know it will be here before I know it and I will long for these days but I do look forward to the days when his "shiny" personality frequents him as often as his "shiny" complexion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh, Cass, I remember the "shininess" of Texas! I think your hair looks very, very cute curly so that's one good thing for humidity, right? And I'm glad Brody is happier - you so deserve it!
We think you look beautiful shiny or dull! We are glad that things are happening in Texas especially Brody's personality changes. We love and miss you guys. Happy Mother's Day!
Ya too bad your hair looks awesome curly!!! I can't imagine what it is like there, Rexburg can get blazing hot but thank heavens we don't have the humidity!! I like the new additions to your blog...two darling kids!!!! We love you guys and would love to come and visit sometime!!
I'd have to say that I'd go with the first definition of "hot" I thought of before the "sweaty" hot!! You look beautiful with curly hair! I forgot about the humidity part, but now that I think of it...it sure was fun! And your place looks awesome! I love the new entertainment center (and shelf, too?) Your kitchen and even a dishwasher!! (Did you have a DW before??) Can't remember, but it looks great! And Brody's smile is so contageous! Did I even see dimples? How cute is that!! We are glad you are doing okay, and hope Brad's first day of school went okay for everyone today! Love, the Bairds
That colic can be really hard. Try something called Grip Water. It is an all herbal supplement. You used to only get it out of the states, but now they carry it here. We got it at Walgreens. It has helped our kids and we are using it right now with Ky. Good luck!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Woot! Woot!
Cass, you are hot stuff! Oh yeah! At least the humidity will be good fro you skin, right?
hope you don't mind I peeked at your fun blog...hey, don't worry....we're all sweatin' it here. Glad to have you shinin' along with the rest of us!
That is great that the colic is getting better! I remember those days with Carson and it was horrible, so my heart goes out to you.
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment