
We took a trip to Dallas to see the sights that are fun for an 18 month old and a 5 month old. I was very impressed with how good the kids were on the drive. Thank goodness for books!!!

We saw where Brad grew up and visited a family from his childhood and I heard what kind of a teenager he really was!!
Then we got to go to the aquarium! I don't know why it's called an aquarium...there were lots of fish but just as many birds too. Brylie liked to see all the different birds, watch baby penguins eat, pet a colorful bird, get nervous walking through the shark and sting ray tunnel and get hot and sweaty amongst all the other tourists. The double stroller was a bad idea.We also went to the Galleria mall in Dallas that is the biggest mall I have been to aside from one in Seattle. I can't believe how many store are in that 3 story building. Most of them were places like "Armani" or "Coache" or"Louis Vuitton" you know, stores that we shop at all the time. I looked all over but couldn't find Payless. I guess I'll just have to go back to Walmart. Anyway, we tired the kids out by walking through every floor and letting Brylie walk herself a good 80% of the way. Although she didn't really watch where she walked, she made more people smile than a clown at a birthday party.
Our last and probably most exciting stop was the Rangers game! A big thanks to Dad for getting us awesome seats...maybe too awesome for the kids cuz we were so close when it came to fast fly balls and we spend most of the time walking with tired children but made it until about the 8th inning and then finished the game in the car on the way home! GO RANGERS! It was a very fun day!! I hope we have more as memorable in this short break even if it's just for my sake!
Brylie is such a good big sister! She asked to hold Brody so we decided to take a few pictures! Here she is kissing Brody's head. She just loves her brother and he loves her. I love to see him watch her play...it's as if he's longing to be playing there beside her.
Brylie went swimming for a short 15 minutes...I was afraid she would get sunburned in this blazing hotness of Texas. She got pretty tired of the
heat too but she had fun splashing Dozer.
Brody liked to watch her too...but he preferred to watch from inside where it was cool and where he could chew on his favorite toys.
6 comments:
Fun updates, Cass. I can't believe you didn't buy anything at Louis Vuitton. Seriously. Actually I'm not even sure I spelled that store name correctly. Have fun in Oregon!!
It looks like your trip to Dallas was a winner. Can't wait to have you guys here on the 11th! We love you.
Cass, we miss you sooo much! I've been off the internet forever, but just read all your updates tonight and I am really missing you guys! It looks like Dallas was a fun trip and I LOVE your hair. I heard that Brad rocked his finals (well, at least one class that he knew) and I'm not even a little surprised. Congrats and we hope you have a blast in Oregon. Hopefully we can visit you in October when BYU plays TCU. We love you!
Cass, I cannot believe I was raised in Dallas as I read about all of the places that I don't remember ever seeing when I lived there! It sounds like you had fun, and I totally laughed at your comment about the double stroller!, and I love the pics of Brylie in the pool. Your hair, by the way, is so cute I can't believe it! Really, you look great! Sorry about the milk, but hopefully it keeps working for him! Love you and miss you and the family!
How is the no dairy thing going?
My questions is what kind of teenager was Brad? :)
It looks like you guys are getting a lot in. Did the kids play in the soft playground on the third floor of the mall. It is the coolest play place, my girls love it. Isn't it crazy how expensive stores are?
When do you guys get back?
Have fun!!!!
Yeah for summer fun! Love Dallas...!
Post a Comment