Friday, September 14, 2007
We're all sleeping through the night....FINALLY!!!
So this has been going on for some time now but I didn't want to jinx it by blogging too soon!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!! I can't tell you how excited we are especially me as my sleep was interrupted every time the girl woke up. It all started one night when the girl had woken up every hour and finally at 4:00 am, after I was out of milk to nurse her and had made a bottle, I realized, "she's not hungry!!". So I knew it was the night we let her cry. So I did just that and I went down to the computer and google searched 'helping your baby to sleep through the night' and I found this awesome article http://www.mindspring.com/~drwarren/sleep.htm that answered all my questions and told me simply what to do. Needless to say, she cried the first night for an hour straight...she did take after her stubborn mother, I dare say. But every night thereafter, she cried for less and less time and woke up less and less until now where she is put in her crib with her binky in her mouth and turns her head and falls asleep without even one squak!! Everytime I lay her down, I come out of the nursery amazed and comment how we have such an angel as a daughter! I am so blessed!! Thank the heavens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cass - what a relief to be sleeping through the night with Brylie! I went to that article you mentioned in your blog - it was really good. Anyway, I'm glad that Brylie is past the worst of the sleeping. Hopefully it is continuing to go well!
Mel
way to go mom! you did one of the hardest things a mom has to do in the first years!
you are a good mommy- i can feel it in my bones!
Post a Comment