Friday, February 26, 2010

News from the hospital...

For those who are unaware of the last week, our whole family got a cold and regardless of our efforts to keep Olivia from getting it, she did and we wound up in the hospital. We have been here since Sunday morning. Olivia sounded pretty good except for a cough that made her gag on her own secretions and she had a fever. Her fever persisted a few days and then went away but she started to sound bad again when she should have been sounding better. She then got another fever so the doctors began to look for a secondary infection. And they found out this morning she has pneumonia. So hopefully she will respond to the antibiotics quickly and the crap in her chest that is causing this cough and difficulty breathing (meaning her oxygen saturation hasn't been as high as it should be) will resolve and she can come home. We anticipate Sunday or Monday, however, you never know what will happen and I don't have much confidence in predictions as we have been disappointed with them so often in the past.

Here is Olivia in her mist tent. This is like a big localized humidifier. Very high tech!
You can't see in the picture but she is on oxygen and has an IV. It took 6 pokes and she has had 4 different IV's that eventually didn't work. She is so strong physically (she'll be my "sporty" daughter) and emotionally. It's nice to be able to calm her in these tough times! I guess the Lord knew we had been through this before and could handle it, or we just haven't learned the accompanying lesson. I know I learned this, all of our future children WILL be born after RSV season, so in the summertime!

A large THANK YOU to everyone who has helped out, expressed concern, given a meal, called us on the phone, visited the hospital, watched our kids or watched Olivia for us and more! You have no idea what an outpouring of blessings we have received and I have been able to see our prayers and your prayers on our behalf answered through all of you! It's been very humbling and testimony building. I can't express my gratitude enough! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

3 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

Oh Cass- I hope she comes home soon. Sending you my love & strength. I wish I could be more helpful at this time. I hope Brad's birthday is as good as it can be. Much love!

J said...

Good luck Cass.

Mary said...

We just read your blog and the kids have decided to draw you some pictures to help you out. We LOVE you!