So the other day our family was at Target and I saw a Whoopee Cushion for a dollar and the child inside me decided to buy this toy! Brad's inner child was glad of the purchase as well and the wrapper was off before we were a few blocks away from the store. I could hardly blow up the darn thing I was so excited to laugh at it and see my kids' reaction. After about three "let her flies" and laughing hysterically, I looked back to see disgust on my kids' faces. And then, Brylie says, "Mom, put the toot away!" Well, that was quite disappointing for me as the toy I thought would be a hit was NOT and in fact my children thought I was the immature one. Kids these days.So a few days later, I pulled the Whoopee Cushion out again thinking they were just in a bad mood that day and tried it. This time, it was like pulling out a monster that was going to eat them with every explosion. They would run away and wouldn't even touch it. Neither one of them would sit on it and when I lovingly made Brody, he couldn't get up off it fast enough. I guess this will just have to be a routine toy to get out and ease them into liking. A kid that is afraid of a whoopee cushion, what?
7 comments:
That is so Brylie. I can totally see her saying that!
That cracked me up! You can tell we live in a house with almost all boys because they think whoopie cushions are the best invention since the wheel.
That's funny! The "lovingly made Brody sit on it" made me laugh out loud.
your kids are weird...{wink} Now I have to go get one to see what Jake's reaction would be... knowing him I'll have to pry it from his hands...
LOL!! Oh, I loved this post.
I think that I need to go to Target today...
Awesome post.
This is TOO funny! I love reading your blog...such a sweet little family!! Congrats on #3...best of luck!
Post a Comment