Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another quarter almost under the belt...

So Brad is at Baylor Law School, for those of you who don't know and he has been attending year round in an attempt to finish in 27 months so that we can get back to Utah and his job!

I'll admit, I probably complain way more than Brad does of how much he is gone when he really does a great job of seeing the kids and me as often as possible.

He, however, hardly ever complains of the 100-200 pages of reading he has to do (sometimes more, rarely sometimes less) then write a brief on every case that went along with that reading, be prepared for every class so that if he is called on regarding the information the professor is discussing that day, he knows it to the degree the professor thinks is adequate to avoid getting kicked out for not being prepared (times 5 classes), have to worry about regular husband things like killing the huge bugs, fixing the van, or what's on ESPN?

And all the while, have in the back of his mind that this life will go on for another 12 months non-stop (minus a one month break that will consist of 72 hours of total driving with 2 kids, a wife who loses her patience way too easily, an overly excited mini dachshund hoping to be able to sit on your lap the entire ride, 108 stops along the way and time for probably only 53 of them). Oh, the joys of being a law student.

Good Luck on your finals honey!! We are rooting for you here at home (it's that whining sound you are so used to hearing)!! We love you!!!

6 comments:

Amy and David Ziehl said...

GOOD LUCK BRAD!!!!




Are you really bringing Dozer?!

Jennie Fife said...

Law school finals are the pits.I'm sure Brad will do great but hopefully you can handle it better than I did. I cried the week of finals the first year Morgan was is law school and we didn't have kids then.I'm impressed.

Lindsy Hartsock said...

Good luck! I'm sad to say that although law school is hard it isn't over when you graduate...cause then you have to study and take the bar which is like at three years of law school plus some combined into a two day test...not fun...but there is a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere right? :)

Cassidy said...

the dog is coming...seriously.

Leah said...

What a cute post. It will be over. It will. I SWEAR!

J said...

Go Brad. Cass, you hang in there. It is crazy and in the end you will look back and say, "How did I ever survive that?"