I love having a dog for many reasons, my floor is quite clean despite the large amounts of food my kids discard onto the floor, if ever someone spit up/vomited on the floor, couch, my clothes, the dog always cleaned it up better than I ever could, we have a 24/7 burglar alarm. But probably the one thing I hate about our dog is his instinct.
Today we were having quite a pleasant afternoon, both the kids woke up happy and Brad and I had decided to go to the local water park for the evening as a family. We had a lot of fun!! After baths, we ate pizza around the table as a family. A few times, Brody kept pointing under the table saying, "Ball" which we didn't think much of. I guess Brad finally paid attention and looked and then said to me, "look at the ball under the table". So I looked, mind you I could have easily kicked this "ball" I was so close, and this is what I found.

How do you clean up after this? How do you not throw up after seeing this? How do you not kill your dog after this? It's any wonder we made it through the moment of discovering this disgusting prize proudly displayed by our dog.

So Brad took it out to the garbage while I basically Lysoled everything! We never found the back end to this rabbit so we hope we don't find another surprise somewhere...I did search to no avail and Brad couldn't find it in the backyard so my hope, as sick as it is, is that the dog ate it and it's not here.

So then, I layed all the toys out and Lysoled each one on both sides. This is something I was going to do after their illness and this just threw me over the edge as being "the night" to do it.
I love Dozer still, but I don't appreciate these prizes. He has killed 5 rabbits to count. Five! We are out of the beginner hunting stage and well into the advanced!
4 comments:
Brad, it's jordan. Saw this on facebook.
This is not uncommon at all. We went to visit my Grandma in Idaho, and found mice under her kitchen table, too. I think the pets think of themselves as providers or something. Way nasty, huh?
Oh my gosh! I know that this isn't something to laugh about but I don't think I have laughed that hard in a LONG time!! Way to go Dozer!!
ewwwwww, that is so gross Cass.
Seriously, so gross.
I'd be with you on the lysol front...
Oh my heck I would have DIED!
Post a Comment