This last week we have been given the challenge of having Hand Foot and Mouth disease. Friday, Brylie had a little bit of a fever but that morning, I noticed she had a cold sore/fever blister on her lip and some sores on her tongue that looked very ouchy! So we went to the doctor. I just mentioned the sores in her mouth and he immediately noticed sore on her hands. Later that day, I noticed some on her feet too. These aren't just little red bumps, they start out as bumps and then grow into blisters and can pop and heal or just go away. Brylie has had this for about 6 days now and is almost free of blisters...the little red bumps are fading and going away however, Brody is now to the blister stage and so is Brad. The doctor said most adults have been exposed to it so shouldn't worry about being near the kids. I, as usual, have seen no sign of anything despite my kissing all three of them and handling almost all contagious material. Ahh, the blessings of motherhood! So if we don't come over or seem to be hiding out, we are! And it's for everyone's benefit!!!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Stay Away!!!...Not really!
This last week we have been given the challenge of having Hand Foot and Mouth disease. Friday, Brylie had a little bit of a fever but that morning, I noticed she had a cold sore/fever blister on her lip and some sores on her tongue that looked very ouchy! So we went to the doctor. I just mentioned the sores in her mouth and he immediately noticed sore on her hands. Later that day, I noticed some on her feet too. These aren't just little red bumps, they start out as bumps and then grow into blisters and can pop and heal or just go away. Brylie has had this for about 6 days now and is almost free of blisters...the little red bumps are fading and going away however, Brody is now to the blister stage and so is Brad. The doctor said most adults have been exposed to it so shouldn't worry about being near the kids. I, as usual, have seen no sign of anything despite my kissing all three of them and handling almost all contagious material. Ahh, the blessings of motherhood! So if we don't come over or seem to be hiding out, we are! And it's for everyone's benefit!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment