So I don't know if this is a normal age for kids to know the alphabet and the sound each letter makes...I vaguely remember my niece being very smart but I don't remember what the timeline was. Anyway, I was a little jealous when I heard my nephew sing the ABC's with almost perfect diction and realize that Brylie was only 3 1/2 months younger and should be close to doing the same things, right? It was then that I realized that I had a lot to do with her learning and growth so you can bet we work on as much as she'll let me. Unfortunately, she's going to learn all that I know in just a year or two and then it'll be Brad's job to take over. Maybe not that soon but I think I'll have to go back to college just to keep up with my kids. Or they'll have to start teaching me. I think Brody is more like me..."sporty" so I'll be able to teach him a little longer. But lets face it. Kids these days are born with probably 50% of their mothers brain and the closer you have your kids, the shorter time you give your brain to regenerate that half back so I think I'm only living on about 30% of brain and most of that is "new" brain so the seasoned smarts I had are almost all gone and I'm stuck with an immature brain in the adolescent phase where it thinks it knows all and resists more knowledge. OK...now that part has taken over. I'd like to post Brylie practicing her skills and then Brody practicing his. They are very different and we love each one to pieces!!!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness! I love it when she "says whats hapinin' dude"! I can't believe how smart she is! She's got the Brad genes!
Smarty Pants is right...holy cow!!
Ahh cute babies!! Man I miss you guys!! I cannot believe how big they are both getting! And it looks like you've got another genius in the family!!! I love these kiddos!! I proudly display their pictures on my desk at work, having to let everyone know that they are in fact my niece and nephew and not my own kids!!
I love your theory.. I bet you're right... Does it count as the "ABC's" if they repeat a letter many times?
So Smart!
PS. I love Brylie's shirt. :D
Post a Comment