Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the grind...

Here we are after 2 long weeks of awesome rest and relaxation, back to the old routine. And I must say that I'm glad to go back. We seem to stay up much too late, eat terribly and get relaxed on things regarding the kids that would otherwise not be allowed. I love the vacation but there is definitely a time when it gets old and I long for the routine back. This also happens after a long trip somewhere. I can only be away from the routine for so long and then I want it back. So even though I loved having Brad here all day, everyday, I'm glad that we are back to the regular life so that we can be normal again. We need those vacations but we also need the normal to come back too.
Brody is getting closer to walking and is still scaring me to death daily. My heart is in good shape thanks to his scares.We also gave Brody a little buzz because his hair only grows on the top and the back...his sides are scarce, kind of the opposite of an old man, so he gets this little mohawk and it was getting rather long. This was his 2nd buzz. He loves the clippers so I don't have to deal with tears when I cut it. Thank goodness! I find this hair cut makes him look like an old man...balding.

Brylie is so smart! She knows all her letters and can recognize them by sight. She also knows what sound they make. She is almost as good at her numbers but she gets confused with 2 and 5, or 6 and 9. Aside from this, I would like to think she's our little genius just like her father was and is today. And I hope I can keep up. Dora is just too boring to keep her attention. Her hair is getting long enough that we can do ponytails! I love this because she often complains saying, "eyes". Meaning, her hair is in her eyes and she can't see. I know the feeling and hate it as well!

4 comments:

Amy and David Ziehl said...

They are both getting so big!

Janadt.Huggins said...

I know what you mean about getting back to the routine. It's almost refreshing to get back to regular nap times and healthy food :)

Amy and David Ziehl said...

Hey! I heard that the kiddies are sick! I hope that everyone gets back to feeling normal again!!!

J said...

Amen to the end of vacation. Just wait until the are older and the kids go back to school. Ok, so Brylie knows letters and numbers? Genius. My little girl can barely talk, although Brylie always did seem the overachiever type. Tell her to keep it up.