Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Growing up so fast...

Our darling baby girl, Brylie, is getting so big so quickly. I'm sad that she's getting older (even though it means Brody is getting older and maybe will grow out of his colic...yes, I think he's just colicy and not cold. Nuts!!) and I fear that I will wake up and she'll be 12 years old and in that stage where they hate their parents. There are so many little things she does that ages her like pooping on the potty (only happened once but still!!), going to bed very well, usually falling asleep when we are saying prayers with her, waking up in the morning ornery (I think that comes with age!), talking more and more (her latest is "oh jeez!"), and becoming more aware of us leaving and worrying we won't take her with us. There are always going to be little things that make me mad but I'm so glad for the 100 things that make me smile and laugh for every one of the bad. Kids are truly a blessing and even though I complain about Brody's colic, there is not a single day that I don't repeatedly thank Heavenly Father that he is in my life. I am constantly surprised by how much love I feel for these 2! When I first got married, I was so overwhelmed at how much I loved Brad. I remember actually worrying about when I had kids because I had heard the love is even more for them. I've found that to be true but there are some other things I found out too. When Brylie was born, not only did I love her more than I knew how to deal with, my love for Brad had increased to the nth degree too. And then when Brody was born, my love for Brylie increased as well as my love for Brad. I've heard a lot of moms worry that a 2nd child will take away from the love you have for your 1st but like my mother-in-law told me once the new babies always bring with them love. She didn't mention love enough for the baby plus some for the other kids and the husband too. Just another reminder that Heavenly Father knows what He's doing and will do it if we let Him. Please bless I can get over myself and let Him!!

3 comments:

Nicole -Berrett Photography said...

i can't believe she is trying out the potty... still waiting for jaden to be ready for that!

Allison said...

Cassidy you don't know me but I am a friend of Brads from Ohio, I just wanted to tell you that I love to read your blogs. You have such a sweet way of expressing your thoughts. I always come away with an uplifting feeling! So thanks! And to Brad this is Allison Goodrich, and I am glad you guys are doing so well!

Roger and Amy Ann Deming Family said...

Hey Cass, you are such a cute mom! I hope that this next baby brings the love because we all feel a little crazy right now. As for Brody, if he does have colic and you are still nursing you may want to try taking things out of your diet - like dairy - even though it sounds rough it worked for one of my good friends. Just a thought. I always put my babies on soy formula just in case... Love you guys and hope you are well.