We have been really stumped with Brody and his crying for almost 5 months now. It will get better for a while and then get worse without explanation. There have been many times that I'm at my wits end and have to let Brody figure it out in his crib. Trust me, I'm doing him a favor!! But I think that last night I had a break through! There have been 3 occasions where we have been at church and he has been screaming without explanation or end and within a few seconds of going outside into the hot humid weather, he stops. But immediately after coming indoors, the crying will start again. So again, into the heat and it stops. He will usually fall asleep after a very short time there (like seconds) which leads me to this conclusion. Correct me if you think I'm wrong or if you have another idea as we are at a loss and grasping at straws here.

I think he's cold. Because we are in hot Texas, and I am always hot, I just assumed adding a blanket will make him more hot not thinking that he could be cold. I don't consider the A/C being on everywhere we go. So last night I put 2 blankets on him in the crib so when he kicked off the 1st one, there will still be a 2nd and he slept better. I tend however to make these conclusions after just one night of good behavior only to realize it was a good phase of his life and there are plenty of bad ones ahead.
Again, if you have any suggestions or ideas, I am up for it!
3 comments:
Cassidy, if he really likes the hot humid air of Texas, you could also try a warm air humidifier. The other thing you might try is closing the vent to his room, that way you can stay a little cooler but he will be a little more toasty. They say that babies need one layer more than an adult would, so maybe there is truth to your theory. Hang in there, he is so cute!
Cass, I think that is a pretty good revelation and one worth trying! Can't wait to hear if it works. I would agree that a humidifier might be a good option, even though you live in a humid climate (b/c I think A/C makes the air a lot drier). I'm crossing my fingers it works for your sake!
Well... if that works he can just sleep in my room when you guys come out in a few weeks. It's like an oven... and I don't really mind... still sleep under a quilt.
Post a Comment