Sunday, February 3, 2008

Look who's 1!!!

I can't believe I am the mother of a one year old!!! The time has flown by so quickly! One funny thing Brad said to me this morning is, "Hey, we made it. Our kids are at least one year apart. The future can only be predicted by the past." That is the ongoing joke at our house that fourteen months after this baby is born, we'll have our third and it will be twins!?! You never know what Heavenly Father has in store for us...I've probably jinxed us. I'm glad to already have 2 kids (more or less) though. And if they are all as delightful as the girl, I would be happy with 12 (jinxed myself again). So on to the festivities. At our little shindig for Brylie, we had many family members attend! Thanks to all who came. It was quite the party! And I can't believe how many gifts she received. Thanks for those also! She is a spoiled little girl! Here is a little video we took of her eating her cake...I am surprised how uninterested she was in it because she is such a good eater (like her mother!!). Mostly I think she just wasn't used to feeding herself cuz I am paranoid she'll choke and I'll panic, blah, blah, blah (anxiety much?) so I feed her most of the time unless I have broken the food up into minuscule pieces therefore not giving her the chance to practice chewing. What else can I do to mess up her life? I think I taught her that face!! Well, on to the video. This one's for you Mom! Thanks again for all the gifts and excitement!! We missed those who couldn't make it and we love you all!!

3 comments:

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

Happy Birthday Brylie!!

Thanks for posting this VERY cute video for those of us who missed it!

Melanie said...

Cass, you are so funny. I'm with you on the anxiety. As for Brylie, I don't know if it is the dirty look or not (I'm sure not), but she looks so much like you in that second picture. That was hilarious how disinterested she was in the cake and how irritated she was when her fingers got dirty. Cute little bugger...glad it was a fun time.

M+J=K3+E said...

You are getting close. So close, yet so far. That sure is how I feel. I hope you are feeling well and getting ready for two. I have to admit, I am getting nervous for three but excited just the same.

P.S. Kaiden freaked with his b-day cake. We have pictures of him screaming and making him put his fingers in it. Kaleb was quite different and couldn't get enough. As you will see, they are so different. Difference is fun. It keeps you on your toes!!!