Friday, November 2, 2007

Two babies!?! Reality check...

So Brad has kept in touch with his MTC companion and we were lucky to spend some time these last few days with him and his family which consists of a 1 month old baby boy. I had the opportunity to babysit him for a few hours yesterday and today and get a feel of what is in store. I was very grateful for this chance as I have been very nervous as to how I would be able to handle two babies. Brylie was quite jealous, so much so that we went out and bought a boy baby doll for her to get used to. All in all, it will be a challenge but with divine help and sticking to a strict schedule, I know it can be done and won't be as bad as I initally thought. But I do want to tell my sweet mom and dad how much I appreciate all that they did and went through having 6 kids. I never realized how hard and trying children can be. I also have tremendous respect for them, my inlaws and all my friends and family who have kids because they know the stress it can be and hid it so well that I am on my 2nd so soon after the 1st. At least I know I have many to ask advice of, all of whom I love and respect. Thanks to you all!! And here's a cute picture of Brylie. I tried to take in-home portraits like that one time and she is way too mobile now. This is the best we got but I will take it! I love her to pieces! She is my best girlfriend!!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Cass, your post made me laugh and understand completely what you mean. The truth is, you will be SUCH a great mom of two...I just know it. I was surprised at how fun it was to have two because Jackson was finally able to have some other person to interact with. Just don't come to me for advice...I have so much to learn it isn't even funny.

Amy and David Ziehl said...

Hey Cass! Even though We dont have any kids and dont know a whole lot we will be glad to help out in any way that we can. Dave and I will be out there soon and we will be more than happy to help and watch the kiddies so you and Brad can have a night out. AND we are so excited taht you are comming to the big OR for Christmas, its funny david and i were talking the other day about how much we missed the 4 of you. now we will just have to wait a month and a half! WAHOO! we love you! give Bri a kiss for us!

Jessica said...

No worries. Speaking from experience (if you really care to know..I'm not so good at giving advice), two children, at times, is actually easier than one. Kate and Lilly love to play together and Kate loves being a big sister, just like Brylie will be. You will do such a great job!

Mary said...

Cass-- you will be an awesome mom of two! Just look at how well you do handling Macie and Reid with Brylie...I have total confidence in you. And, I know how you feel about Brylie being your best girlfriend. I tell Macie that all the time. :)