Sick Brylie...notice her dark circles around her eyes! She honestly looked like a different kid!
Brody playing at the window...wishing Mom would let him crawl outside! Keep wishing buddy!
On Saturday, Brylie seemed to be at her worst and in fact, we took her to the ER that night. Luckily, they can give a strong one-time dose of steroids to help with the swelling in the throat (swollen vocal chords causes the bark cough we all know and love) and she was able to sleep better and so was Mom and Dad!!! The next day instead of going to Dallas for church at the ward Brad grew up in with his family, we stayed at home and vegged out on the couch while Grammie, Pops and Lisa went.
Monday we were originally planning on going to San Antonio and seeing the sights there but that was pushed to Tuesday since Brylie was still recovering. But Tuesday came and now Brody was getting to be miserable and the whole thing started with him! We did go out to Marlin, TX because there are really neat old architecture there and we wanted to see the wildflowers that are so affluent in Texas! We did see some flowers and old architecture but I was glad we didn't do much more as Brody was miserable and he made sure we all knew it.
And then it was time for our company to go home and we felt a bit robbed. Our time seems to go so much faster when we want it to stop so we can enjoy it!
Anyhow, a big THANKS to Grammie, Pops and Lisa for a fun weekend and for all your help with the breaks we needed with sick kids! We only wished it could have lasted longer! We love you guys!!!
6 comments:
We wish we could have been there regardless of the fact that the kiddies were so sick!
What a bummer. Sick kids is THE WORST. EVER. PERIOD.
Although Granparents don't care. Their just glad to be with the kiddos!
I remember when Katy had the croup. I borrowed your humidifier. She slept in my room and we would go out during the night to get some fresh air as instructed. Not fun waking up like that a lot.
Not fun having sick kids! I am so glad you found me on facebook! I found your blog a while ago but then couldn't remember how to get there!
I remember Christmas 3 years ago Liz had the croup and I would go outside in the middle of the snowy night with her wrapped in a quilt and sit there on the porch with her and look at everyone's Christmas lights until she could breathe again. It's pretty scary when they can't breathe! Glad everyone is doing better...bummer that it happened all at once, but I think the padres still had fun! Love you guys!
Dude, Brylie looks like she has pink eye in that first picture! I hate when the little bugs are sick. It is just so dang pathetic. Give them smooches from us.
Post a Comment