Saturday, October 18, 2008

Are the ant bites better or worse?

So it has been about 1 1/2 weeks since the fire ant attack and we are still dealing with these terrible bites! I have never seen a baby scratch any bite they received until now and poor Brylie has no idea why her legs are driving her so crazy. When they bother her, they really bother her. I have found her scratching them with her finger nails, with the couch (rubbing her legs on the couch as she is sitting), or with the opposite foot. I have even wrapped her legs up so that she couldn't get to them as easily...she got to them. Caladryl lotion doesn't help, but Benadryl does (the oral suspension), and Hydrocortisone cream does too, Thank Goodness!! Although, when we put the cream on, it stimulates the itch. She now knows the word "itch" and uses it frequently. It is usually accompanied by "owies" and whining. My heart just breaks to hear her whine and then to look down and see her gouging her legs raw. I don't have a picture of her scabby legs however, picture about 20 scabs on each leg that looks a little like raw hamburger. Bingo! Poor girl! She is such a trooper!

In other news, if you've never seen what fall looks like in Texas, here's a shot! This is about all the color you get so I got a few pictures. Just so you all know, falls here. I have proof.

No comments: