Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Latest...

Well, I've come to the conclusion that we just can't go for very long without drama in our lives. Either drama needs us or we need it. After just 6 short days at home, Brody got RSV and is back in the hospital. He doesn't seem to be as severe as Brylie was although there are things in him I'm seeing that I didn't see in Brylie and things I saw in Brylie that I don't see in him. I guess everyone manifests things differently. All I can say is how relieved I am that he is in the hospital because there were many sleepless nights where I would sleep with the light on just in case something happened. I have never felt so helpless. Even taking him to the doctors for the 5th time in 4 days didn't instill enough confidence in me, I still took him back the next day when there were more symptoms or the symptoms seemed to be worse. I also am amazed at the beauty of intuition, better known as the Spirit.

Brody is on oxygen and monitors to see how his breathing is doing...he is doing very well on the small amount of oxygen he is on and is eating better than ever. His weight is good and he just needs to get all this junk out of his lungs so that he can breath better and stop coughing. That is his worst symptom, his cough. I feel so bad watching this little body cough so forcefully. Hopefully he will continue to improve and we will be home in 2 days. That is what it looks like now but you never know.

I have received so many phone calls from family offering their services to watch Brylie or to bring a meal or do "whatever you need". I am overwhelmed how much our family is loved. I thank you all for the wonderful words of support and love. We couldn't do as well as we are without any of you!

Brylie is doing very well with this brother idea. She is so loving and came over one day to Brody and handed him her toys. I know that even though this will be a difficult year, we will be forever grateful for the closeness in age. It's so neat to feel this bond between my family.

In other news, we have made the decision to sell our house and attend Baylor Law School starting in early May this year so we regret to inform you that we will be moving at the end of April to Waco, Texas. This decision was not made lightly as it has weighed on our minds for some time now. Aside from just not really feeling good about it, BYU would have taken Brad 3 years to complete where if he starts at Baylor this May, he could finish and take the bar exam a whole year sooner. At that time, we will move back to Utah where Brad already has a job under contract. We are so blessed and can see the Lord's hand in so many of the decisions we have been led to make.

Sorry I don't have any pictures this post, the hospital can only provide so much. Thanks again to everyone for you thoughts and prayers! We will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Angela Baird said...

I am so glad to hear that Brody is now home and doing okay...you guys are champs! You continue to be in our prayers, and as always, we'd love to do anything we can to help. Cute about Brylie giving him a toy!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Melissa said...

Way to keep your chin up, Cass. I'm sure everything will turn out right. It sounds like you are hanging in there and making some good decisions. I'll definitely keep you all (especially those little ones) in my prayers.