Thursday, October 25, 2007
Family Portraits...
Well, I don't have a copy of our portraits because they don't come until the 7th of November which is quite a down fall!! And I don't know how excited we are about the actual photos. We went to Sears because I had a coupon and first of all, the photographer was the age of my youngest brother. No offense Mac, but I was quite nervous about him taking our family photos. So we get in there and start to get ready. Now Brylie had had and 2 hour nap just prior to the photos so that she would be happy. She was quite happy until the kid freaked her out with the toys. And after one wouldn't work, he would go to another and try the same lame noise, "Hey" and then shake the toy in her face. Now we won't blame the kid entirely as Brylie suddenly became the worse girl I have ever seen. She is finally getting her bottom R tooth so she is more onery than normal. Anyway, the kid told us he had to take 6 different positions to keep his job and then proceeded only to take one or so in each position. Then he would say, "That was a good one so we'll move onto the next position." All in all, we felt bad for the kid as Sears doesn't require any skills to be a photographer, just a quick training session with another photographer during someone else's session and then your done. There was one thing we thought might have helped this experience be better. I think if we go during the day (our appt was at 6:00pm) the more experienced photographers will be working and would better know how to work with kids. Hopefully our pics will turn out worthy of our wall!! I will post them as soon as we get them!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh no - that sounded awful! Family pictures are so hard b/c just like Brylie, my kids always go happy and then freak out when the picture-taking starts. I'm sorry but I have hope you'll get some cute pictures back. Can't wait to see them!
Good luck! Hopefully they surprise you and turn out great! We still haven't taken any pics for our family Christmas Card this year...maybe we'll end up with our Halloween (Incredibles) photo... :)
Honestly. The same thing happened to us at Target. Some high school boy tried to take our family picture and I was totaly bummed when I saw who would be taking the pictures. But, they actually turned out halfway decent so there is hope! Good luck! Can't wait to see them.
Unfortunately, I have already seen them and none were very good...either Brad's head was cut off, my hair was everywhere or Brylie was making an "I hate this" face. I guess there's bound to be one crappy year of pics right?
That sucks that you had a bad experience! I'm glad that you put your "review" on here because I was looking for somewhere to go for our family pictures (and you know how we hated JCPenney's).
Kiddie Kandids is the best!! They are expensive, but I have never had a bad experience. Always have had awesome pictures and you get them the same day.
Post a Comment