I remember when I was engaged how overwhelmed I was at how much I realized I loved Brad and then being afraid of how much more I would be overwhelmed when we had kids...and here I am. I find it quite interesting how the only way to feel absolute joy and love is to put yourself out there...complete vulnerability. And the more vulnerable we get the greater the capacity to feel love and joy. In discovering this, I thought how hard it must be for our Heavenly Father who is in the most vulnerable position and because of that, He is able to feel a fullness joy and love. Opposition in all things is what allows us to be happy...and I have only begun to understand this principle.
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Just to mention...
So today I have been reflecting upon my blessings and I just wanted to mention how grateful I am for such a loving husband. It's interesting how there are so many words out there and yet it is so difficult to find just the right ones to describe my emotion. I have a hard enough time expressing myself as it is but it is especially difficult when it comes to the love I have for my family and more specifically, Brad and Brylie.
I remember when I was engaged how overwhelmed I was at how much I realized I loved Brad and then being afraid of how much more I would be overwhelmed when we had kids...and here I am. I find it quite interesting how the only way to feel absolute joy and love is to put yourself out there...complete vulnerability. And the more vulnerable we get the greater the capacity to feel love and joy. In discovering this, I thought how hard it must be for our Heavenly Father who is in the most vulnerable position and because of that, He is able to feel a fullness joy and love. Opposition in all things is what allows us to be happy...and I have only begun to understand this principle.
I remember when I was engaged how overwhelmed I was at how much I realized I loved Brad and then being afraid of how much more I would be overwhelmed when we had kids...and here I am. I find it quite interesting how the only way to feel absolute joy and love is to put yourself out there...complete vulnerability. And the more vulnerable we get the greater the capacity to feel love and joy. In discovering this, I thought how hard it must be for our Heavenly Father who is in the most vulnerable position and because of that, He is able to feel a fullness joy and love. Opposition in all things is what allows us to be happy...and I have only begun to understand this principle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We love you guys and are so proud of you. You are a darling family. It is fun to see you step into the roles of parents, actually quite easily and successfully. You probably don't remember the time you were so worried about becoming parents and how you didn't think you could do it. Well you have proved yourself wrong. You are both awesome!
you guys are super cute... and you've been married forever now... dude that goes by fast!
Cute Family!! Love seeing the pictures!!! Love, Karen Hansen
Post a Comment